Avery Laine, Part II (The Second Year)

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

M&Ms and Toilet Paper


Do you know how much I like M&Ms? I like M&Ms so much that yesterday, one week before I turn 14 months, I told mommy I needed to go "poop." Now, I've been sitting on the potty for a few months before bathtime. It's just fun and I get to read books and relax with mom while I make peeing sounds. But I've never actually gone potty in the toilet. Mommy said there's no hurry, but what she forgot to mention is that I would get M&Ms if I did go. Yesterday she finally let me in on that little secret. That was all I needed to hear: chocolate! I let mommy know it was for real by pulling down my pants and saying "poop"! She put me on the potty and after about 15-20 minutes of patiently waiting, it finally came out!! I did it all by myself! I got to pick out one M&M out of the bag and then mom gave me a second because she was SO proud of me. We did the potty dance together and flushed everything down the toilet. (I think I like playing with the toilet paper even more than the M&Ms...shhhhh...don't tell my parents that all the vanishing toilet paper is my fault!)

Now, yesterday could have just been a happy "accident," but today, I repeated my earlier performance with a much quicker one after breakfast. Mommy didn't have to change one poopy diaper this morning! I'm really getting the hang of this. It helps that I have never liked sitting in my poopy diapers, but for now, I still don't mind the wet potty diapers. We'll work on that trick down the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment