
Moms don't like to be separated from their babies. 

That's what my mom told me about these ducklings and she said she felt the same way about not being able to spend as much time with me now that she's back at school. I told mom I was fine -- I love daycare and especially my buddy Aiden. I know the names of lots of new friends - Millie, Dane, Charlotte and Sonia. I especially love playing with play dough (which mom never lets me do at home) and all the yummy lunches we get to try. Today I had tacos and corn. I know mom misses me a lot because she calls early in the morning before her students arrive just to talk to me on the phone. I always tell her I'm happy and that I love her, but I can usually hear her starting to tear up just before she says goodbye. To make things easier on her, I am always super excited to see her when she picks me up in the afternoons and I play with her all evening before bed time. At night before I go to sleep I give my own baby (doll) a bottle and put her in pajamas. I rock her, cover her with a blanket and kiss her on the face. Then I get in bed and dream about the next time I'll see her in the morning. I guess it's true -- mommy's really do miss their babies a lot!



No comments:
Post a Comment