Avery Laine, Part II (The Second Year)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Christmas Blessings

Christmas 2010 was not just a day, but weeks of festivities in which we all eagerly anticipated the birth of Baby Honey as we remembered and cherished the birth of our Savior, Jesus! I let everyone know that my little sister was coming "after Baby Jesus' birthday." That was shortly followed by, "...and after my Grandma Paula's birthday. Then my sister is popping out of my Mommy's tummy. Then it's my birthday." Well, my birthday isn't actually until May, I know that, but it's the next family birthday! Here are some photos that capture the blessings of the season in which we celebrated, reflected, and embraced each other.
Fun times: the holidays included lots of sweet treats of all kinds. One of my favorite past-times is making cookies with my Mom. We made a few different kinds this year. I also got to spend part of the winter vacation from school with my cousins, aunts and uncles. We tried to keep my mom active at the indoor trampoline place but she just watched us have fun and took pictures!
Of course there are always many parties to attend -- my friends and I had our annual PYK kids' party at our house and exchanged special presents with each other. We also made cookies, of course! Mom and Dad also had their annual Ugly Sweater party but this year kids weren't invited. So...I went to my school party by myself with Misty and Aidan. It was way more fun than Mom and Dad's party. As you can see in the pictures, Mom finally shocked Dad with the news that we were having another baby!
Christmas Eve brought a quiet day with close friends and family. We enjoyed breakfast on the Eve of Christmas with my best friend, Macey. We even had matching pajamas! Then we accompanied several neighbors to a special church service that I sat all the way through! We sang songs and thanked God for the amazing gift he gave us in his son, Jesus. Then it was off to another dinner at Daddy's aunt and uncle's house. I had a ball playing with cousins and being even more doted upon with gifts and goodies.

By Christmas morning, I was nearly exhausted from all of the festivities. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what Santa left me under my tree: a bicycle and a purple baby doll! So many thoughtful friends and relatives had also sent little treats for me that piled up to become a MOUNTAIN of gifts. Mom and Dad said that I am SPOILED! Just to prove it, Grandma Paula drove over later that day with a special delivery for my new big-girl room: a new bookshelf that
belonged to my great grandfather and great grandmother. I love it and have stowed all my most-special belongings in it. We spent a few days just hanging out as a family and relaxing before Mom and Dad had to go back to work again.

It's hard to believe one little lady can be so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment