Avery Laine, Part II (The Second Year)

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Big Event


Today is the day! I am going to become a big sister!! Mom has been telling me all about when I was born and I have memorized the entire story. I ask to hear it daily and have been mentally preparing myself for my role as "big sister." I'm not quite sure what exactly that means yet, but I know that it is pretty special. Grandma Paula, Grandma Mary Pat, Grandpa Stan and Aunt Joanna are all here with us...this has got to be big. I have been on cloud 9 for several days and now it's just a matter of hours.
(Here I am practicing with my best friend's baby sister, Daphney. Mom's belly is REALLY BIG!)

I will be going to school today to make a special art project with my friends that I will bring to my baby sister. Grandma will pick me up and take me to the party...the birthday party, that is! We made Baby Honey a special cake and have some presents to open after she arrives. I cannot believe this day is finally here! In my own words, "we've waited a really long time to meet her."

Don't worry, I'll post pictures as soon as I can. Until then, please pray for my sister, my Mommy and our entire family as we embark on this big day!
Love,
The BIG SISTER, Avery!

No comments:

Post a Comment