Avery Laine, Part II (The Second Year)

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Gearing Back Up

What a week! I can tell fall is just around the corner because life in our house is getting crazier by the minute. This week was no exception -- it was one party after another and I am about to crash way past my bedtime (and it's only Saturday).
Thursday we accompanied my dad on his business trip to the coast. I got to spend the day with Mom and Grandma Eckley. We started with an outdoor picnic lunch and then I got to feed the animals at the petting zoo! I'll admit, I wasn't too keen on the big llama or the aggressive goats, but I found a few sweet sheep that I let eat right out of my hand.

My Grandma is such a "ham" sometimes :)
Then Mom took Dad and me to see "Cinderella" at a children's theatre on Friday. She even let me wear my princess shoes (which normally have to stay inside the house). I sat so still and laughed at all the funny costumes until a big man (the Troubador) smiled at me after the show while I was waiting for autographs -- he was scary and I cried as my Daddy had to carry me off to the car to go home.
On Saturday I was surprised with a very special gift (a major garage sale score): My very own kitchen set! I LOVE IT!! I've been reading about Jesus and Christmas in my Bible, but mom kept telling me Santa won't come for another several months...guess she was wrong! My parents spent the better part of the day re-organizing the house and garage to make me a new play room since we're going to be a little tighter on space pretty soon!
My best friend Macey (and Godparents Eric and Mary) welcomed their new baby, Daphne Claire, into the world Saturday afternoon and I couldn't be more excited.

But the real reason I'm so tuckered out tonight is because I stayed up way past my bedtime to party with Aunt Terry who celebrated her 50th birthday with a Hawaiian Luau. I danced the night away with my Dad and am barely holding my eyes open to update you on this blog.
Tomorrow promises to wrap up this festive week as my Mom gets baptized at church! Then maybe, come Monday, I can get some much needed rest!
Hallelujiah!

No comments:

Post a Comment