Every girl needs a lavender room -- that's a fancy word for purple (just like in my Fancy Nancy book), and that's just what I got last July when I moved out of my baby nursery and into my big girl room. Of course it all revolved around my new big girl bed - a white trundle bed that will host many sleep overs for my sister, Cait, and me. We searched high and low for the perfect comforter and finally decided on a patchwork quilt that coordinated with my striped curtains (clearance bin at Pottery Barn Kids).
While the bed was the centerpiece, I sure made good use of my new bookcase (thanks to Grandma Paula who had great Papa Ken's dining room hutch re-furbished for my room). It houses all my animals on top and all my favorite keepsakes inside (as well as tons and tons of books).
And doesn't every girl need a stacked washer/dryer? Of course!
Inside the hutch I have special momentos -- my Christening doll from my baby dedication, a picture of Dad as a young boy in an antique pink frame, my 10-week hand/foot prints, my birthday cupcake, piggy bank and my keepsake box.
Below: Hand-made sign in mosaiced ceramic tiles (courtesy April P.); Charlie and me (framed); my silver engraved cup and...
...my BFF, Macey.
A few of my things traveled with me from my old nursery.
Dad made me this sign with hooks before I was born. I'm still called "E" by my parents. The tutu was a gift from one of mom's students. Macey and I have matching tutus!
More books...and some of my favorite photos!
Another family heirloom -- great great grandma's dressing table from the early 1900s. It was tuned up by my Grandma Paula and her friend Bill. I adorned it with butterflies and filled it with my jewelry, bows, lip glosses and of course, my animal figurine collection!
I just can't find enough space for my art, though. It covers the house.
More special photographs...
...and my first framed piece. I call it: "Le Play Avery."



No comments:
Post a Comment