Our last trip (as a family of three) was spent in Sunriver and Bend visiting Grandma Paula for the Thanksigiving Holiday. Mom, Dad, Aunt Briana and I braved the snow-covered Pass and made the drive in just over 4 hours (record time for the weather and traffic).
After a fun belated birthday dinner celebration (for both Mommy and Daddy), we stocked up on essentials at the grocery store and made our way to snowy Sunriver where we found our "snow home." I was a little hesitant at first to stay in a new place, but after seeing my very own room and finding that Mom had packed all my favorite things, I felt right at home.
Thanksgiving was cold but clear. I enjoyed making a pregnant snow woman (a tribute to my Mom), riding on a shovel sled and trying out my new winter hat.
Great Grandpa Ken shared a snack with me and we celebrated an early 93rd birthday for him, while Grandma Paula surprised me with a new pink tutu that I danced around the house in.
Friend Reid Schukart invited me to the local museum where we got to see owls, sea otters, snakes and a special butterfly exhibit. I even saw a new butterfly emerge from its cacoon -- it pooped immediately after it opened its wings and reminded me of the monkey at the zoo! After a quick lunch with Reid, dad packed me out to the car exhausted. I needed a quick rest with a big night ahead of me!
That evening it snowed again, and we braved the cold to head to the lodge to see the Grand Illumination. Lights filled the night sky as Santa's reindeer came to land on the snow with Santa and his sled. I got a quick peek at him, but didn't stay for cookies because I had plans with the bearded man early the next morning!




No comments:
Post a Comment