...but actually I've been celebrating it for the last four weeks! It all started back in April when Mom and I went to the mall to take some quick birthday pictures in my "Birthday Girl" shirt. With my t-shirt on I got all sorts of attention and "happy birthday" wishes from strangers. I caught on pretty quickly that it was easy to get free ice cream, cupcakes, etc. by telling people that it was my birthday and that I was "2" years old!
For weeks I capitalized on this technique (it's kind of manipulation, but I think it's brilliant!) People will believe anything as long as you're cute and smiling nicely at them. Then we had a cake smash photo shoot the week prior to my actual birthday. I got to eat an entire chocolate cake while mom watched in horror. But if memory serves, I belive she was actually the one who put a lot of the chocolate all over my face. Mommy!
If I hadn't enjoyed enough celebration, I spent the Thursday prior to my actual birthday making cupcakes at daycare, then got a special gift from Misty and Aidan. I love all my daycare friends and was so excited that Mommy came to my party that afternoon.
Finally, Saturday came. I was so excited by then that I barely slept. My nap was completely blown as I was anxiously waiting on Grandma Paula to show up with all of our other guests. What an amazing celebration we had! It was so sunny and warm -- we played in the sand box, broke open a Mickey Mouse pinata and had more chocolate cake! I showed off my birthday dance and then let my friends help me open all my gifts. What an amzingly exhilerating experience. I'm so glad Mom and Dad waited to throw me a big party until this year. I enjoyed it so much more than I would have last year! For all of you who couldn't be here with me to celebrate in person, enjoy some of my favorite memories from the day.
Wow! So many presents. I loved all of them (and so did all the boys who helped me open them!)










No comments:
Post a Comment