Mom grew up going to the State Fair of Texas (it was considered a state-wide holiday and she even got to have a day off from school to go). Dad grew up going to the Tillamook County Fair and still raves about the Pig n' Ford Derby and the pigs-in-a-blanket that the high school wrestling team sells as a fundraiser. Daddy can eat 5 or 6 of them! Last week I got to experience the Tillamook County Fair for myself, and needless to say, it was a blast. I stayed awake through everything (who needs to nap on Fair Day?), but I'll let the pictures do most of the talking:

Dad let me pet the big cow. Actually, this one is just a baby. I did not want to leave her.

Grandpa took me on the SUPER SLIDE. I was a little scared, but he held me tightly.

Cousin Lauren rode the cars with me (we told them I was 2 so they'd let me on:)
Mom rode the merry-go-round with me -- she said it made her more queasy than me.
I shared an elephant ear and loved every last bite of it...

...but I still had room for a Tillamook ice cream cone, of course.

What Fun! Can we come back again soon?
No comments:
Post a Comment